Transformation and Transition
Clyde has co-client designed and developed new TOMs for 3 local authorities, carrying out an initial gap analysis, performing business process reengineering on existing systems and processes, producing reports with recommendations. Followed up with an agreed scope to transform and transition existing services to a new TOM achieving 60% RIDDOR reduction rates and 25% resource cost savings over the lifetime of the contract.
In addition, the project included;
- The procurement and project management through to implementation of new online HSE systems for;
- Incident reporting, investigation and document evidence repository
- Compliance HSE and document repository
- Live management dashboard reporting
- ‘Big Data’ trend analysis
- The procurement and project management of ‘Learning Management Systems’ (LMS) for hosting e-learning content and all training records including face to face and external training
- Development/revision of policy, processes and procedures
- Upskilling of HSE staff to enable multi-tasking and use of for example online audit tools
- Intranet development to host HSE FAQ, content, forms etc
- Development of blended training academies for staff and managers.
- Development of Board monitoring metrics and management information reports
- Cost reduction by reducing HSE resources through redundancy consultations achieved through digitisation and smarter ways of working.
Following a fatal fire in one City Council’s high-rise block of flats where two fire officers tragically lost their lives, Clyde;
- Led a project to carry out an 82-point premises compliance gap analysis to over 800 properties including, Fire, Lifts, Legionella, Asbestos, Electrical and gas.
- Partnered with a cloud-based solution provider to develop an online compliance system and embed it into the Council’s culture (see online HSE management systems (embed link to that page)
- Developed a strategy and fire risk profiling tool to prioritise a 5-year Fire Risk Assessment programme to assess the council’s premises.
- Developed a 5-year strategic partnership between the council and Fire and Rescue, the commercial trading arm of Hampshire Fore and rescue Authority to manage the risk assessment process and online compliance system, enabling smart procurement of for example fire door replacement programs.
- Developed a Health and Safety Management Academy aimed at ‘Responsible Person’s to effect cultural change.
In 2019/20, Clyde designed, and project managed an audit program of 210 Nursery, Primary, Junior, special, secondary and college education establishments within 6 months for a County Council. This required the development of;
- a communication and coordination plan with schools
- scheduling programme to achieve efficiency and economy of scale
- design of an online audit tool with report template
- upskilling and coordination of auditors
- quality assurance process
- client reporting metrics
- trend analysis report